Thank you for your interest in having a wedding at AUUC!
Aiken Unitarian Universalist church has long publicly supported marriage equality. In fact, AUUC is one of the few churches in the Aiken area to officiate same-sex weddings. So, if you are a couple, regardless of gender, who wish to get married, and you are ready to commit to one another and support each other as equals and partners, please contact the church office via email or via phone at (803) 502-0404.
You may find the following information helpful as you plan your wedding:
- Our sanctuary is best suited for smaller, intimate weddings with a capacity of 40-50 people. We also hold weddings (seasonal) in our lovely memorial garden.
- You may choose either a minister or a wedding officiant to perform the wedding service. A wedding officiant is a lay leader from AUUC who is a certified South Carolina notary. Notaries are legally authorized by the state to officiate at weddings.
- Wedding and rehearsal dates will be based on the availability of the facility and our officiants.
- Facility rental fees are $25 per hour or $150 for an entire day (with a signed rental agreement).
- The minister’s fee is negotiated directly with the minister and is in addition to the cost to rent the facility.
Wedding officiant fees are negotiable, but to help with your planning, please budget for the following:
- $100 – You write your own vows, and we officiate and do the paperwork.
- $150 – We provide a scripted service, some minimal planning, and do the paperwork.
- $250 – We work with you to provide a full wedding service that is a unique ceremony. This includes two planning meetings as well as the paperwork.
- $50 – The cost to add a wedding rehearsal to any of the above.
If you prefer to hold your wedding at a location other than AUUC, the wedding officiant can come to you. Our wedding officiant fees remain the same.